PRELIMINARY EXERCISE FEEDBACK AND LR!

 

PRELIMINARY EXERCISE FEEDBACK AND LR:

Mr Bush's feedback:

WWW:

  • good camerawork
    • Close-up on hand
    • moving shots
      • handheld camera
  • good opening 
  • good opening dialogue 
    • enigma code
  • "in media res"
    • opening
      • enigma code
  • good narrative
    • fits with conventions 
EBI:
  • not portrait mode 
  • no diegetic sounds 
  • not Eva Smith 
  • framing of investigators 
  • missed opportunity 
    • match on action 
  • more editing/shots
    • during movement 
  • shot reverse shot 
  • dialogue 
  • performance

Own reflection:
WWW:
  • narrative i planned has been portrayed 
  • opening 
  • camerawork
EBI:
  • not portrait 
  • performance 
  • more known shorts example match on action etc. 

effectivity of statement of intent:
I believe that there could be some improvements on my statement of intent based on my 30 second clip. I have made some changes myself in terms of the narrative to fit in well and so that it is less complicated. I want to also make sure that the media theories are easy to identify when someone is watching the scene. I have made my enigma codes clear but there’s many other theorists such as Stuart Hall with its reception theory etc that I want my full 3 minute clip to be able to show. 

what is my new knowledge:
I learnt about how including different types of shots and angles can make the whole piece interesting to the audience. I saw this when there was a close up of the hands being washed. Adding new shots and angles can create different meanings and enigma codes. The way tge clips are added van also make a difference for an example if there’s a type of transition im between. After viewing my clip I noticed how if i changed the camera angle of the daughter and detective talking to a match on action shot it would make the clip much more clear. 

future adjustments:
My further adjustments for my final piece would be to include more shots including the 180 shot and the match on action shot. I want to add more non diegetic sounds as i planned with a lot more editing. I want to tweek dome parts of nu script and my shot list. I want to change my storyline a little bit so that it is not as complicating to film especially in 3 minutes. I need to make sure the performance of  my actors and actress is clear and performed at its best it can be.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DRAFT PAGES!

STATEMENT OF INTENT!

COURSEWORK: SUMMER PROJECT 2023!